New Hires
All new hires, with the exception of Dining Services workers, must report to the Student Employment Office during business hours or by appointment before being placed on the payroll. You will be asked to complete several forms and provide documentation to satisfy IRS and INS requirements, including:
  • Your original social security card. A receipt from a Social Security office indicating you have ordered your card will be accepted. However, you must return with the card as soon as it arrives.
  • I-9 form, providing both your identity and right to work in the United States.
    • Driver’s license AND social security card
    • Passport. Appropriate visas required for non-US passport holders. NOTE: even if you provide a passport, you must still show your social security card to fulfill IRS regulations.
  • W-4 tax withholding form

New employees are required to enroll in direct deposit. You may use virtually any US bank or credit union and have the option of splitting your pay between two different accounts on a percentage or flat amount basis.

Graduated Students
Student employment positions are automatically terminated on the date of graduation. Graduated students that continue employment beyond graduation must be transferred to the miscellaneous/temporary staff payroll. Supervisors must contact Human Resources for information on the transfer process.